NARS Rajasthan Duo - Fall 2010

Saturday, July 17, 2010
NARS? Again? I have NARS Fall 2010 fever and there is no cure. I love everything about this collection, I really do. If I had the money, I would buy all of it in a heartbeat (except for maybe the lipstick). How tasteful! The inspiration behind this duo, Rajasthan, (hence the name) is Indian in origin, and the other duo Tzarine, has Russia to thank. These duos really remind me of times past, of men sitting atop howdahs perched on elephants and Catherine the Great clad in rich furs.

Today I want to show you the Rajasthan duo. 
On one side, we have this nice tan shimmer- a very basic staple but done very well. The other side is shimmery navy blue in a black base. 
I wish it wasn't overcast out, so that you could appreciate the full beauty. The better the lighting is, the more shimmery both the colors appear- and the navy-ish color looks more colorful and dimensional as well.
Note that this is under cloudy skies! :( 
Both the colors have great pigmentation and texture, though it should be noted that the dark side does that thing where the shimmer buffs away from the base color if you blend too excessively  (a lot of NARS shadows do this, I feel), so pat the color on and be gentle, less windshield wiper brush work!
What I'm really excited for is to use this duo as both a day time and night time look. During the day, I envision the tan all over the lid, with the navy smudged into the lash line in a sultry kind of way. At night, I hope to use the tan on my brow bone and to use the navy as a smokey eye which should be more visually interesting than just using black and shades of grey!

What do you think, do you heart this duo as much as I do? (The answer is no, no you can not possibly love this duo as much as I do).

Items shown were purchased by me, for my own use.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, what do you think?
Please be respectful and do not spam links. If you'd like to link back to your own site, please use the feature in Disqus that allows you to do so.
Thanks!